ACCIDENTS & INCIDENTS
Broadcasters’ & Publishers’ Incidents
All reports of incidents or claims must be made in letter-report form and submitted to the Office of the General Counsel, with copies to Risk and Insurance Management, and Administrative Services, within 48 hours after the incident or receipt of a notice of claim.
Report any of the following incidents based on or caused by material published in a University publication or broadcast by a University radio or television station:
- Libel or slander.
- Infringement of rights of privacy.
- Piracy or infringement of copyright.
All incidents or claims must be reported in a letter-report form.
Information to Include in the Report
All letter-reports should include:
- Name and address of the person making the claim.
- Description of the alleged error, misstatement, act, omission, neglect or breach of duty that is being claimed as the cause of damage.
- Date and circumstances surrounding the alleged error, omission, etc.
- Any correspondence received from the aggrieved person.
- Signature of the individual submitting the report.
Reporting Responsibilities and Timetables
The department chairperson or administrative head is responsible for initiating and submitting the required report to the following offices within 48 hours after the incident or claim:
- Office of the General Counsel (882-3211), 227 University Hall.
- Risk and Insurance Management (882-6205), 6 Clark Hall.
- Administrative Services (882-7254), 311 Jesse Hall.