GENERAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION
The following principles shall guide the commitment of the University of Missouri to equitable access for students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests with disabilities:
- The University values the richness and diversity that people with disabilities bring to the University community.
- The University believes access to educational, work, co-curricular, and other opportunities for people with disabilities enriches the academic and social environment for all members and guests of the University community.
- The University seeks to foster an inclusive community of faculty, staff, and students engaged in research, scholarship, artistic activity, teaching and learning, or community engagement.
- In order to support diversity, the University strives to use universal design concepts, when feasible, in connection with the following: (1) development of curricula and educational materials; (2) design of buildings and other physical spaces; and (3) selection of products and services that can be used by students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests with different backgrounds, learning styles, and disabilities.
The University shall, in accordance with applicable state and federal law:
- Provide equitable access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, employment, and educational programs to people with disabilities;
- Provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities and
- Promote and practice adopting accessible media, technology, instructional methods, building design for new and renovated facilities, and procurement practices that are inclusive to students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests with disabilities.
Missouri Information Technology Accessibility Standards and State Statute http://at.mo.gov/it-access/info-tech-standards.html