HEALTH & SAFETY
If you observe a suspicious object and/or potential bomb on campus, do not handle the object. Clear the area immediately and call the University Police Department at 882-7201 or 911.
Telephone Bomb Threats
Any person receiving a telephoned bomb threat should ask the caller:
- When will the bomb explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- What is your name and address?
Keep talking to the caller as long as possible and record the following:
- Time of call
- Age and sex of caller
- Speech pattern, accent, possible nationality, etc.
- Emotional state of the caller
- Background noise
Notify the University Police Department by calling 882-7201 or 911.
Discovery of a Bomb
After a threat has been made and reported to the University Police, the following steps should be followed: