ACCIDENTS & INCIDENTS
All accidents involving a University vehicle, regardless of the amount of damage or extent of injury, must be reported.
The procedures outlined in this section pertain to any ground vehicle:
- Owned by the University.
- Rented or leased by or for the University who is authorized to use that vehicle for University business.
Reporting an Accident
Report any accident involving a University vehicle, regardless of the amount of damage or extent of injury:
- Call the University Police (573- 882-7201) immediately.
- Submit a completed Vehicle Accident Report (UM 5) to Administrative Services, 311 Jesse Hall, within 48 hours after the accident.
- Submit a Report of Injury (UMC-3) for each injured employee occupant of a University vehicle involved in an accident. [For more information, see 8:030 Work-Related Injuries or Occupational Diseases.]
- Do not make any admission of fault nor make any attempt to settle claims or otherwise establish liability with the other parties to the accident or their insurance companies.
NOTE: Make statements about the accident only to representatives of the University, its insurance company or a law enforcement officer.