The Custodial Services unit of Campus Facilities is responsible for the custodial care of classrooms, laboratories, offices, restrooms, public areas, and other academic areas.
Custodial services are performed either by Campus Facilities custodial staff or by contractor personnel. Campus Facilities custodians work one of two shifts: 4:00 a.m.- noon or 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 midnight. Contract personnel work from 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Examples of Routine Work
- Office floors are cleaned and trash is removed once a week.
- Public areas such as hallways, lobbies, and entryways are cleaned daily.
- Stairwells and landings are cleaned twice a week.
- Restrooms are cleaned and restocked daily.
- Classrooms have floors dust mopped or vacuumed and trash emptied three times a week. Classroom floors are damp mopped and chalkboards are cleaned twice a week.
Other Work Not Routinely Scheduled
- Floor and carpet work (such as buffing, refinishing and shampooing) is performed in public use areas as needed.
- Carpet shampooing and floor refinishing in offices are done on a re-charge basis by arrangement.
- Snow at building entrances and on building steps is removed as necessary by building custodians.
Please check the Campus Facilities Service Guide for current telephone numbers or call the Custodial Department at 882-6648. Custodial and Special Services also maintains a Web site
with useful information.